Certificate of conformity of studies in compliance with the provisions of Directive 2005/36/EC for professions not regulated under Romanian law
About the certificate of conformity of studies for professions not regulated under Romanian law
According to the provisions of art. 1 par. 1 of Order No. 3199/2012, the certificate of conformity for the professions not regulated under Romanian law is issued to the Romanian citizens, the citizens of the European Union Member States, the European Economic Area, as well as to the citizens of the Swiss Confederation who have studied in Romania and request the issuance of a certificate of conformity, for the purpose of exercising, independently or as an employee, a profession not regulated in Romania but regulated in one of the aforementioned countries; to check whether the profession is regulated, please visit http://ec.europa.eu/growth/tools-databases/regprof/index.cfm .
The certificate confirms the compliance of studies graduated in Romania with the provisions of Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications.
According to art.2 par. 1 of Order No.3199/2012, „The certificate of conformity is issued by CNRED […] based on a study document (diploma, certificate, certificate or attestation of competence etc.), which are issued by a school or an accredited institution of higher education within the national education system in Romania”.
With regard to the professions regulated by the applicable Romanian law, such a certificate may be issued by the corresponding competent authority. We recommend that you verify if your qualification documents are in connection with a profession regulated in Romania.
Submitting the application
1. Application form – for file submission in physical format
2. The study document for which the certificate of conformity is requested – certified copy
- license/bachelor or
- competency attestation, etc.
3. Certificate of authenticity of the qualification documents, issued by the higher education institution or accredited body which granted the qualification document (original / copy conforming to the original certified at CNRED headquarters or certified copy)
- the attestations/provisional certificates which are issued in place of diplomas are exempt from the requirement to be submitted with a corresponding certificate of authenticity;
4. Appendices to the diploma (Academic Transcript of Records or Diploma Supplement) – certified copies
5. The previous diploma and/or the previous transcript of records, if the application is made for a certificate pertaining to the diploma or the attestation granted by a post-secondary school, vocational school, complementary education institution or apprentice school – copy
6. Identity card/passport – copy and proof of name change, if the name written on the diploma no longer coincides with the one in the identity document
7. Evaluation fee of 50 lei
Evaluation of documents
Issuing the certificate