Accredited higher education institutions or establishments, public and private institutions of law comprised, according to the law in the national system of research and development recognize PhD diplomas, obtained from:
- accredited institutions of higher education or research and development from a Member State of the European Union, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation
- accredited institutions of higher education or research and development included in the list of prestigious universities in other countries, approved by the Minister of National Education and Scientific Research, regularly updated,
- accredited institutions of higher education or research and development subject to international mutual recognition agreements at intergovernmental level or Interuniversity level,
only for the purpose of admission to graduate programs, achieving habilitation, employment in a research or teaching position at one of the institutions or the above units, according OMENCS no. 5923 / 06.12.2016 approving the methodology for the recognition of PhD diploma and doctorate title in science or in a professional field, obtained abroad.
- PhD degrees obtained from accredited institutions of higher education or research or research-development from abroad for other purposes than those provided for universities
- PhD degrees obtained from in third countries universities other than those in the list of prestigious universities in other countries.
Submitting the application
Working hours: Monday-Thursday 09:00-11:00 and 14:00-16:00 | Friday, 09:00-11:00
- by mail service
10 Spiru Haret street, District 1, 010176, Bucharest
In case of loss, complete destruction or partial deterioration of the recognition certificate, a duplicate may be issued, if the documents which allowed the issuing of the said certificate are still available in the archive.
For a duplicate to be issued, the holder shall submit a written request, accompanied by the documents listed below:
- Photocopy of the document which was granted recognition
- Photocopy of the holder’s identification document,
- Proof of payment of the fee for issuing the duplicate
- Notary statement concerning the classification in one of the situations mentioned above
The procedure for recognition of doctorate diploma and of PhD. in science or in a professional field, obtained abroad can be viewed in Point of Single Contact and Electronic Procedures.