SOLVIT – Solutions to problems with your European rights
SOLVIT is a service provided by the national administration in each EU country and in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. SOLVIT is free of charge.
It is mainly an online service. Although there is a SOLVIT centre in each country, the best way to contact them is via this website.
SOLVIT aims to find solutions within 10 weeks – starting on the day your case is taken on by the SOLVIT centre in the country where the problem occurred.
SOLVIT can help you when:
- your EU rights as a citizen or as a business are breached by public authorities in another EU country and
- you have not (yet) taken your case to court (although we can help if you’ve just made an administrative appeal)
Issues SOLVIT can help you with:
- Getting your professional qualifications recognised
- Visa & residence rights
- Trade & services (businesses)
- Vehicles & driving licences
- Family benefits
- Pension rights
- Working abroad
- Unemployment benefits
- Health insurance
- Access to education
- Cross-border movement of capital or payments
- VAT refunds.
SOLVIT cannot help if:
- if your company is having problems with another company
- if you have a consumer-related problem
- if you are seeking compensation for damages
- if you take your case to court (due to its informal nature, SOLVIT cannot run in parallel with formal or legal proceedings)